Saturday, December 2
One of Lewes’s most beloved holiday traditions – the 44th Annual Christmas Tour of Lewes, benefiting The Lewes Historical Society is set for Saturday, December 2, from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Advance tickets are $25.00 each; tickets purchased the day of the tour are $30.00. Children under 12 are FREE when accompanied by an adult.
Tickets may be purchased in Lewes at the following locations:
Lewes Historical Society Museum Shop, 302 Savannah Road
Lewes Chamber of Commerce, 120 Kings Highway
Lewes History Museum, 101 Adams Avenue
The Inn at Canal Square, 122 Market Street
Browseabout Books, 133 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach
This self-guided tour, gives the Society a chance to show off its historic houses decorated for the season. In addition, several private homes are selected each year to bring even more Yuletide cheer to our quaint town on the bay.
The private homes on the tour this year include:
1. 344 Pilottown Road, home of Stephanie and Barry Boright
2. 524 Kings Highway, home of Linda Madrid and Amy Frederick
3. 8 Nebraska Avenue, home of Sue and Dave Baker
4. 9 DeVries Circle, home of Caryl and George Williams
5. 328 Market Street, home of Stacy Kerr and CR Wooters
6. 15 DeVries Circle, home of Marva and Jeff Heckert
7. 121 East Third Street, home of Brenda Jones
8. 122 Bayview Avenue, home of Carol and Dave Smith
9. 1014 Bay Avenue, home of Fena and Andy Macdonald
Beyond the private homes on tour this year, the Society’s museums will be open and decorated for the season. The Lewes Historical Society Campus, located at 110 Shipcarpenter Street, will be bustling with a fun array of activities, including a Collectibles Sale, cookie sale, holiday greens sale, and open houses decorated in period holiday décor.
In addition, on December 2, different activities take place at churches and civic organizations throughout town, and everyone is invited to enjoy a fun hometown Lewes Christmas Parade and tree lighting.