LHS is looking for a part-time Events Coordinator to join a dynamic team to support events and fundraisers that are integral to the continued success of the society's outreach and educational efforts.
The LHS Events Coordinator is responsible for managing all official LHS events throughout the year. The position is part-time/20 hours per week and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Event planning and management experience
Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and knowledge of customer relationship software
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be present at all events.
- Create and add all vendor applications to the LHS website.
- Create a vendor email to include show information, vendor information, & payment information/ links.
- Check previous show information and distribute applications to vetted vendors.
- Confirm number of vendors for each event with the grounds manager.
- Create the application deadline for each show to be communicated to vendors.
- Create an acceptance letter for each show.
- Create vendor load-in instructions and schedules.
- Lead a jury to select all show vendors.
- Manage all vendor communications before, during, and after each show.
- Communicate with the volunteer coordinator/event volunteers for all show needs.
- Support the marketing coordinator with all necessary event information.
- Support the development director with event sponsorship needs.
- Create a map of the grounds to include all vendor spaces.
- Work with grounds manager to mark vendor spaces prior to load-in day.
- Manage cash banks for each show and account for all revenue/expenses.
- Ensure volunteers have the equipment to run the front gate at each show.
- Secure all food & beverage vendors.
- Secure porta potties (delivery & pickup) for each event. 2 regular units// 1 ADA
- Secure any additional rentals, tables, chairs, linens, tents required.
- Secure any necessary permits with the city/state.
- Secure vendor parking with neighboring property.
- Coordinate and manage onsite activities during the events, including opening and closing the show days.
- Manage the setup and breakdown of all events.
- Manage online event ticketing and/or payments.
- Manage all layouts, all rental needs, all event setups and breakdowns.
- Secure locations for off-campus events if necessary.
- Manage any entertainment needs.
Standard Annual Events 2022:
- January 22 - Membership Part/Annual Meeting
- April 2 - 1776 Shipcarpenter Living History
- May 18 - Preservation Awards
- March 30 - LHS Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon
- June 4 & 5 - Sea Glass Festival
- July 16 - Summer Craft Fair
- August 20 - LHS Flea Market
- September 11 - Cannonball Run
- October 1 & 2 - Fall Craft Fair
- October 6 - Annual Golf Tournament
- October 28 - Boos & Brews
- TBD - House Tour Reception
- December 1 - Hospitality Night
- December 3 - Holiday Market
Resumes can be sent or emailed to:
LHS Human Resources Coordinator
110 Shipcarpenter St.
Lewes, DE 19958