Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2020 Lewes Historical Society’s Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival. This 2-day outdoor event will be held on Saturday, June 27th, and Sunday June 28th, 2020 at the Lewes Historical Society campus located at 110 Shipcarpenter St. Lewes, DE 19958.
This premier coastal event will run both days from 9 am until 4 pm (rain or shine) and is well known for it’s high quality vendors, historic location and festive atmosphere. We attract thousands of visitors every year with live music, refreshments, various speakers, and education. The event charges a $5.00 admission fee- children under 12 are free, and all proceeds benefit educational and preservation programs of the Lewes Historical Society.
2020 Show Updates
The festival will be held at The Lewes Historical Society campus in the heart of downtown Lewes.
There will not be an application fee, only a one time exhibitor fee for those who apply and are accepted into the festival. Anyone not accepted will be refunded 100% of their payment.
Only authentic sea glass will be allowed to be sold at the festival.
This year we will be focusing more on the history and education of sea glass offering educational speakers, exhibitions, historical displays, shard contests and family oriented interactive activities.
We will be working hard to publicize and advertise the show so that we can all be successful!
Application Rules & Policies
1. This is a sea glass and coastal art-themed show. The Lewes Historical Society Mid-Atlantic Sea Glass & Coastal Arts Festival is juried and reserves the right to accept or reject applications at its discretion to balance the style and content of the event.
2. All work must be original, created by the representing artist. No manufactured goods will be accepted. Demonstrations are encouraged, but not required.
3. Only authentic, natural beach/sea glass shall be used and sold at the event. No man-made sea glass will be accepted. 75% of all work must be coastal themed.
4. Artists must be present during the event. No representatives.
5. Single day booth rentals will NOT be permitted.
6. We will do our best to accommodate booth location requests but we can not guarantee specific spaces for vendors.
7. Power will not be provided at the venue so please come prepared. Internet is available but not guaranteed.
8. Booth spaces are 10' x 10' and will be assigned once accepted. One exhibitor per space please, no subletting.
9. All vendors are responsible for providing their own tables, tents, chairs, linens, etc. No electricity, water hook-ups, props or tables are available onsite.
10. A completed application will consist of the following items (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
a. A completed online application.
b. At least 4 clear photos of your work, including a photograph of your booth.
c. Payment of the exhibitor fee of $350.00 (to include both show dates).
Those vendors who are not selected will be refunded 100% of their payment.
Vendor fees will NOT be accepted in cash.
Checks can be mailed in with a copy of your application directly to the Lewes Historical Society (Attn: Dana) 110 Shipcarpenter St. Lewes DE 19958.
All payments must be received by March 27th 2020 to qualify, vendors will be notified of final selections by April 2nd.